UOB students scooped seven awards for projects presented at 11th
Annual Conference for Engineering and Architecture Graduates in North Lebanon on Saturday July 27, 2019 receiving a third of awards in categories they competed in.
The Annual Conference for Engineering and Architecture Graduates in North Lebanon brings together engineering students from universities across north Lebanon affording them the opportunity to present their graduation projects at the Order of Engineers and Architects in Tripoli.
A total of 123 students presented 83 projects before judges who are field experts and academics. A poster session was also part of the conference. Awards were presented to the best projects in the fields of Civil, Architecture, Mechanical, Electrical, Computer, Petrochemical, and Environmental Engineering.
Engineering students from the University of Balamand claimed the following prizes:
Environmentally Friendly Projects:
- - 1st Prize Winner: Nijad Ishac supervised by Dr. Jane Estephane
- - 2nd Prize Winner: Jane Hayek supervised by Dr. Rima Manneh
- - 1st Prize Winners: Dana Shehade, Jana El Ali, and Sandy Mazraani supervised by Dr. Yasmine Jabaly
- - 2nd Prize Winner: Christiane Gebran supervised by Dr. Maged B. Najjar
- - 2nd Prize Winners: Gerard Khoury, Maher Madi, Omar Fakhreddine supervised by Dr. Macole Sabat
In the Architecture
category, ALBA Students received the following awards:
- - 1st Prize: Wael Borghol supervised by Dr. Joseph Hourani with Technical trends Advisors: Structural: Mr. Redolphe Matar, Mechanical: Dr. Anthony Azar and Electrical: Mr. Mohammad Jamal Maamary.
- - 3rd Prize: Michael Jibrine supervised by Ms. Vera Borgi with Technical trends Advisors: Structural: Mr. Eddy Sawma, Mechanical: Dr. Anthony Azar, and Electrical: Mr. Mohammad Jamal Maamary.
In a statement, Professor Rami Abboud, Vice President and Dean of Engineering, expressed that he is truly proud of the accomplishments of UOB students: “Such achievements are a testament to the innovation of our students and the quality supervision they receive at our faculty”. He affirmed that research at the faculty and at the university will continue to work to serve the community at local and national levels.
Other universities participating in the exhibition were the Lebanese University, Notre Dame University, Beirut Arab University, City University of Tripoli, Lebanese International University, and Université Libano-Francaise (ULF).