The Faculty of Health Sciences (FHS) was founded in 1995. It was established in Achrafieh, Beirut, facing the St. George Hospital University Medical Center, and started with 7 full-time faculty and staff members and 17 students enrolled in two BS programs in Nursing and Medical Laboratory Sciences.
The Faculty opened at the Al Kurah Main Campus in Spring 2011, and then at the Souk el Gharb campus in Fall 2014. There are now more than 45 full-time faculty and staff members, with specializations in disciplines ranging from medical laboratory sciences, public health, toxicology, nursing, reproductive health, epidemiology, microbiology, molecular biology, epidemiology, anthropology, and English among others. About 600 students are enrolled in BS programs in Nursing (English and French sections), Medical Laboratory Sciences, Public Health and Development Sciences (begun in 1997), and Health Promotion (begun in 2000).
Since its establishment, the Faculty has expanded to include new degree programs. Today, it offers a track for pre-Medical requirements, a Master degree in Clinical Laboratory Sciences, a Dual degree in Public Health, a BS in Nutritional Sciences, Freshman programs and a professional Master in Laboratory Sciences with Laboratory Management, a Master in Public Health, and a Master in Nursing Sciences.
From 1996 till 2015, about 1200 students have graduated from the Faculty. Many students have chosen to continue in graduate studies in Lebanon and worldwide. Some have been awarded prestigious scholarships, such as the Chevening Scholarship from the British Council, the European Union Erasmus Mundus scholarship, and the American Fulbright Scholarship. Many graduates are pursuing professional careers working in governmental bodies, academic institutions, international and national organizations, and private industries (hospitals and healthcare centers, medical laboratories, pharmaceutical industries, non-governmental organizations, etc.).